Sunday, September 17, 2023

Part 4 / Day 7 : Bedous - Urdos

Today I left my gite in Bedous, and said goodbye to 10 Spaniards, friends out for the weekend. The walk to Etsaut was fine, except for the portion where I missed a trail marker, got lost in the forest for 10 minutes, then ran into a another spot where a gate bearing a trail marker was down, and had to scale the low part of an electric fence. Fortunately a restaurant was open on Sunday in Etsaut, where I had  long layover waiting for a bus to Urdos. There was highway construction,  so the short bus ride was recommended.

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Slovakian couple I met along the way, Thomas and Yvetta.  I would see them again later on.  

 

 

  

I was so happy to see this restaurant open on Sunday in Etsaut. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I then took the bus from Etsaut [above] to Urdos



Road work along the trail just before Urdos

Anne-Marie, Caroline and ?

Marie-Sol and her aunt, Sylvie

Bedous



No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 4 / Day 17 : Pamplona -- Biarritz -- return to Paris

I woke up early and made it to the bus station, stopping across the street for coffee and pastry. The Spanish gentleman who I attempted to t...