Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Part 4 / Day 2 : Morlàas - Lescar


I am having issues finding public wifi, but have gone from Morlaàs to Lescar, with a bit of light rain, then a storm as I arrived. I passed through the Forest of Bastard of oaks, chestnuts and fir trees, and saw some walkers and joggers out enjoying the day. I stopped to have a picnic lunch there and it started to rain lightly I got to test out using an umbrella as I walked. A bit awkward, but in the summer it worked fairly well with a light shower. I have a special clip that attaches it to my sternum strap, and another elastic band that hold it in place 

Upon arrival, in a sudden downpour, the representative of the local St. Jacques association, Michel, was wonderful and drove me to the butcher and baker so I could get provisions without having to walk in it.

 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 4 / Day 17 : Pamplona -- Biarritz -- return to Paris

I woke up early and made it to the bus station, stopping across the street for coffee and pastry. The Spanish gentleman who I attempted to t...