Thursday, September 26, 2019

Part 2, day 7 : Murat-sur-Vèpre to La Salvetat-sur-Agoût


I left Murat-sur-Vèbre on a more promising day weather-wise and ran into a couple from Brittany that I had also seen on several occasions.  They were also faster walkers than I was and had been staying in some cabins in a campground on the way out of the town. I would run into them again later on. It would be a long 22 km day but the previous day's weather had cleared and I had the opportunity to have a lovely lunch by a lake near Villelongue.  It was serenely beautiful--unreal because there seemed to be no activity.  Just blue skies and still waters.

The day's goal was Salvetat sur Agoût, a place that had had a portion of the highway that crosses the pigrim path washed out last year in extensive rains and flooding. Salvetat was also the town that produces the slightly bubbly water that I like to drink, similar to the more well-know Badoit, but not as fizzy as Perrier.

Surprise, surprise ! Who should appear in my gîte that evening but Hervé and Bernard ! It was great to see them again. The other good news was that there was wifi--something I hadn't really experienced since I began my walk almost a week ago.






My photo taken by Pierre

Pierre et Pierrette Michel




a tree labeled "remarkable"



A lovely spot for lunch



Entering Salvetat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 4 / Day 17 : Pamplona -- Biarritz -- return to Paris

I woke up early and made it to the bus station, stopping across the street for coffee and pastry. The Spanish gentleman who I attempted to t...