Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Part 2, day 2 : Lodève to Lunas

I am having problem not only with a lack of wifi access, but in mobile phone dead zones as well... I plan to add more later, but will say that this was a difficult day. I decided  against going to Joncels just because of the distance and difficulty involved. I left later than I planned, almost 7:45 am, with the idea of walking in the cool of the morning before it got too hot. Fortunately there was a strong breeze, so heat never really became a problem.  The problem, however, was that arriving at the Col de Casplos to take a local hiking path, the GRP to Lunas, the trail marking faltered. I was not the only one who noticed this, and ran into another couple heading for Lunas, that almost made the same mistake I had done for a couple hundred yards. It took us on a narrow trail through the woods for several kilometers before zigzagging down the mountain on a narrow horribly rocky path with a cliff on one side and the rise of the mountain on the other. It was very scary as it was very easy to slip on the coarse gravel, and it went on for several kilometres--i thought it would never end.

Leaving Lodeve






The GRP yellow and red markings

The GRP trail turns rocky

Lunas


L'église Saint-Pancrace de Lunas



No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 4 / Day 17 : Pamplona -- Biarritz -- return to Paris

I woke up early and made it to the bus station, stopping across the street for coffee and pastry. The Spanish gentleman who I attempted to t...