Thursday, September 5, 2019

Part 2 , day 1 : Paris to Lodève

OK, I've had enough drama for awhile.  Problems always seem to crop up at the last minute.  The Samsung Galaxy S6 that I had dropped in Burkina Faso last spring finally split open and became inoperable. I took it to U Break I Fix and since it would have cost at least $280 to fix, I decided to opt for an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9 from a seller on Swappa, the eBay for electronic gadgets.  I was terrified that it wouldn't make it to Rockville in time, but not to worry! What a relief ! Fortunately I had moved my photos just before it expired.  And all of this is going on while I was frantically refining my trip reservations, trying to pack and get my house in order for my house-sitter, and planning a double bathroom makeover when I return.The last item included contacting my sisters about visiting them [in the Chicago area] while the bathrooms are worked on.

My time is Paris was spent mostly running errands and fixing problems, but the weather was absolutely glorious and I spent time both at the Parc Monceau (near my apartment) and at morning walking back from the Gare de Lyon to the Opera Bastille along the Coulee Verte (the old Promenade Plantee).

The early morning TGV to Montpellier, and the tram to Mosson was easy to catch right outside the St. Roch tran station. Upon arriving at Mosson, however, the busses ran more or less hourly and I had just missed one so sat with the others from my train and waited. Mosson is nothing but a car park and transportation hub where people leave their cars to take the tram into town, or to catch a bus to another nearby town. 

The hour-long ride went quickly, and I soon found myself where I had left off the year before.  I managed to lose the trail in town, but picked up a map at the tourist office to find my gite.

I realize the photos are out of order but I can't control this with a phone and will have to fix when I return.




Promenade plantee

Waiting for the bus watching the trams come and go

Problem phone
The bus to Lodeve
Back to Lodeve, starting where I left off

War memorial


Cathedral St Fulcran  







My gite in Lodeve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 4 / Day 17 : Pamplona -- Biarritz -- return to Paris

I woke up early and made it to the bus station, stopping across the street for coffee and pastry. The Spanish gentleman who I attempted to t...