Monday, September 20, 2021

Part 3 Day 9 Barran to Montesquiou

Barran seemed such a charming, picturesque village as did Isle de Noé, a charming village despite the light rain, which seemed to dissipate shortly thereafter. The latter was crawling with people celebrating the Journees du Patrimoine and some other market festival--cars were parked everywhere and there were even traffic jams along the narrow streets.  Sights included a 13c church and an 18c of Counts of Noë. There was apparently a 13c hopital St Jacques there as well. I sat at a picnic table there by the river and had a snack.









 






The walk to Marie-Line's place 3 km from Montesquiou was uneventful, although at times I wondered if I was following her directions properly.  I ran into a couple of Germans who apparently live in the area, out for a walk, and they reassured me I was on the right track.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 4 / Day 17 : Pamplona -- Biarritz -- return to Paris

I woke up early and made it to the bus station, stopping across the street for coffee and pastry. The Spanish gentleman who I attempted to t...