Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Part 3 Day 4 Giscaro to L'Isle-Arne

Today was a short, uneventful walk from Gimont to L'Isle-Arne. Gimont would have been nice to visit as it is a sizeable town with some history, but my 4 gite-mates were up early as high heat and humidity was promised for today. After yesterday's torrential downpour in the late afternoon, I could expect a fair amount of mud as well. 

I accompanied a German pilgrim out of the town as exiting and finding the GR was complicated by that construction of the highway around Gimont. There were a few spots that could have been better way-marked, but the walk was an easy, leisurely one to L'Isle-Arne except for the mud.










 As I was credibly early, and the place is isolated except for the Château of L'Isle-Arne, a small chapel, and a cemetery, I just relaxed and took it easy.  The gite here is very welcoming and there is an interesting library of books to explore.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 4 / Day 17 : Pamplona -- Biarritz -- return to Paris

I woke up early and made it to the bus station, stopping across the street for coffee and pastry. The Spanish gentleman who I attempted to t...