Monday, September 20, 2021

Part 3 Day 10 Montesquiou to Pouylebon

Well nothing goes exactly as planned. I left the place called "Arnaud" chez Marie-Line, and followed her directions and headed for Montesquiou. 




About halfway there it started to rain, then poured. It was quite miserable as I headed uphill towards the town and was unable to take any photos whatsoever because of the deluge. Montesquiou appeared to be another charming town built around a castle, but I really didn't see much of it. I headed for the epicerie, sitting at a picnic table in the shelter of a covered area adjoining the syndicat d'intiative when a woman drove by. I asked her for directions to the epicerie and she walked me half-way. There the woman behind the counter took pity on my and invited me to come into an area where three others were gathered that appeared to be a makeshift café. They were expats from somewhere --perhaps England. I barely had an opportunity to speak to them when the woman who I had spoken with initially said there was a gentleman from the region who offered to drive me to Pouylebon ! An offer I could hardly refuse!











The Camping Pouylebon is a bit remote but does have two "dormitories" of sorts for walkers. Mine has a main room with sofa, table and chairs, and kitchen, with a dorm of 4 beds, and a bathroom. I am by myself, which is perfect. The weather changed in the afternoon with some sunshine, but my phone charger had gotten damp in the rain and I had to wait several hours for it to dry out.
 











 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 4 / Day 17 : Pamplona -- Biarritz -- return to Paris

I woke up early and made it to the bus station, stopping across the street for coffee and pastry. The Spanish gentleman who I attempted to t...