Monday, September 13, 2021

Part 3 Day 3 L'Isle Jordan to Giscaro

I had a slight head start as Eliane drove her children to school and dropped me off a little further along the GR as they are located a little out from the town. It started out flat, and uneventful with wooded areas alternating with asphalt. Upon arriving at Monferran-Savès I was impressed by this tiny environmentally and pilgrim friendly town. There were picnic tables and a wc.








My walk continued with a peaceful walk through the countryside, always with Monferran in sight and a disturbing feeling that I was not progressing, passing by a farm, which has set up a bench for pilgrims in the shade by the side of the road where I took  break just before noon. Giscaro appeared not long afterward, without much more than a church and an active pilgrim association that provided a café in the afternoon for walkers. I missed my shortcut, however to Gimont, and worse, ended up having to take a "deviation" into the town, which added even more kilometres.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Part 4 / Day 17 : Pamplona -- Biarritz -- return to Paris

I woke up early and made it to the bus station, stopping across the street for coffee and pastry. The Spanish gentleman who I attempted to t...